Friday, January 20, 2012

#2: This Little Light of Mine: A History

When I was a little girl, I remember my mom would sing this song with me

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine, Let it shine
Let it shine!

Now, I'm sure there were more verses that we sang, but this is what I remember years later. Each of us has a little light in us. It's part of being God's children--sort of an inherited trait. The more we learn about who we are and what Heavenly Father has in store for us, the brighter that light grows.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:24 says,

That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

This is what I hope to share with each of you for the next 18 months. I'm going to be searching for that light and as I find it, I'll post what I learn so that we can all receive that light and grow brighter. I welcome comments about the light that you have found. That's how we grow brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment