Friday, January 18, 2013

#36: I is for I Am...

I am...

Each of us can finish that sentence in a myriad of different ways. I talked about one struggle I had with that particular phrase in my "A is for Attitude" blog. There is one person in all the history of the world though, that has taken the statement "I am..." and used it to give hope to the entire human race. That is our Savior, Jesus Christ. His declaration, "I am the Light of the world" gave countless generations the hope of Eternal life.


 I love this video portrayal of the Savior's declaration that He is the Light of the world. It is so powerful. (And that good feeling you got when you watched the video? That was the Holy Spirit telling your heart that Jesus is the Christ).

Jesus Christ had to make the boldest "I am" statement anyone has ever made. But He was able to say it because it is true. Jesus IS the Son of God. From the very beginning He was chosen to be our Savior. He came to this earth to redeem each one of us. I know that is the truth. As Christ says in the video, the Father bears witness of Him. The spirit of God has borne that witness to my heart. I stand with millions (if not billions) of others to add my voice that Jesus Christ is the great I Am.

For that knowledge, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment