Friday, January 4, 2013

#34: G is for Good Things

I found this article in the Ensign and absolutely loved it! The author talks about how she has this bad habit of beginning to miss good moments in life before they are even over. She says:

"I have always had a hard time facing change and am hesitant to let go of good things. I miss the past even while it is still the present, desperate to enjoy fully moments in which I consciously and determinedly live. I know when I have a good thing, and I want to hold on and never let go.... Usually when I realize how good things are, I instantly begin thinking of how everything is fleeting, that it will eventually be lost to time or circumstance"

The realization that she had was that good things keep on coming!
I know that may not be profound for some of you but this was life-changing for me! Just like the author, I begin to miss the past while it's still the present (on a regular basis). Usually I'm so desperate to suck all the good out of each experience before it's over--to the point that it's counter-productive because it stresses me out.  Heavenly Father isn't done blessing us though. He's never going to look at you and say, "Well, I'm sorry but that event back there was the climax of your life. Hope you enjoyed it..." He loves each of us WAY too much for that.

The author goes on to say,

"Change is the Lord’s way. He wants us to be happy and growing, to be excited to move on with our lives. Life is a journey, and while still enjoying the present and preparing for inevitable challenges, we must move forward, remaining optimistic, our hearts open to the experiences and good things that are undoubtedly on their way."

So this is my resolution for the new year. My mantra has now become "Good things keep on coming". And I know that good things are on the way for you as well. Because God loves us each that much.
 
G is for Good Things

No comments:

Post a Comment